Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Use them in a sentence please then explain how you know when to use them
thanx xoxoxoxo. Exam Monday.|||Hi Laura,

you really need to ask your teacher about this stuff...especially if you have exams! Don't be afraid to ask stupid questions - this stuff is hard! :)

Here are the basics:

qui - replaces the subject
que - replaces the object
dont - introduces an 'of' sentence

Examples (I know that the Englis translation isn't right, it's just to show you how it works):

Le gar莽on qui travaille, c'est Jean (The boy who is working is Jean)
Les vetements que tu as achetes sont horribles (The clothes that you are wearing are hideous)

Look at the difference:

Le gar莽on que tu aimes s'appelle Michel. (The boy that you love is named Michel)
Le gar莽on qui t'aime s'appele Michel. (The boy who loves you is named Michel)

Examples:

Le gar莽on dont tu es amoureuese s'appelle Michel (The boy of whom you are in love...in French you say 'etre amoureux DE quelqu'un)
L'argent dont tu disposais est fini (The money of whom you had disposed is gone...again, 'disposer DE quelque chose')

Hope this was helpful :)|||explaining is very hard but here are some examples of my own

and for more , just look at this page http://french.about.com/od/grammar/a/rel鈥?/a>


ce qui = what
ce qui est bien n'est pas mauvais = what is good is not bad

ce que = what
ce que je sais tu le sais aussi = what I know you also know it

ce dont = what
ce dont je me souviens c'est que tu as oubli茅 mon anniversaire
what I remember is you forgot my birthday

qui = who
je ne sais pas qui tu es mais tu m'as l'air gentille
I dont know who you are but you seen kind to me

que = that,
je sais que tu es l脿
I know you 're there

dont = which
la fille dont je parle est mari茅e
the girl which I speak of is maried

火车采集器
  • textfree pinger
  • lady gaga born this way album
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment