Tuesday, March 6, 2012

I work at McDonald's and speak decent Spanish, but I want to know if "que quiere usted" is a polite and proper way of asking a customer what they want. Would it be better to say Que querria usted? (nevermind the lack of accent marks, I'm too lazy to figure out how to type them) Fluent Spanish Speakers only please, I'm tired of getting answers from people taking Spanish in middle school who think think they know everything.|||This is what I'd say, if I was cursed and miserable enough to be forced to work at a McDonald's:

" Buenas tardes. ¿Qué desearía llevar? "
" Quiero tres McNificas, cuatro McNuggets de pollo, ocho McFlurry, y una Coca Cola light por favor. "
" ¿Desea llevar papas fritas? "
" No, gracias. "
" Muy bien. Son nosecuantochorrocientos pesos. Cancele en caja y después pase a retirarlo. Muchas gracias por preferir McDonald's. Hasta luego. "
" Hasta luego. "

Of course, I'd only last a week or so, before eventually snapping and committing seppuku.|||No. "Que quiere usted" is the equivalent of an annoyed "What do you want?" in english. The best way to ask that question would be "¿Qué le gustaría?"

This means "What would you like?" It is a more polite way to ask a person their order. It is also conjugated in the usted form to be respectful.|||When I worked at my family's bakery, I would always greet customers with "Hello! How may I help you?" regardless of language. (I spoke 5 languages at the time, 6 currently.) No one can object to "Buenos dias! Como se peudo ayudar?" I don't know if that is too formal for McDonald's, but it worked at our bakery.|||Si pudiera enplearse el verbo gustar , con mucho gusto me encantaria mas la frase.
Que gustarria ud,?|||"¿Qué quiere usted?" is ok. with a smile.|||it be better happenin than yo, wasss up?

火车采集器

No comments:

Post a Comment