Friday, March 9, 2012

Hello i'm wondering what the opening sentence to 'Le dernier homme' means, the rest of the page makes sense to me just not the first sentence - and i know i'm missing something obvious!

"D猫s qu'il me fut donn茅 d'user ce mot, j'exprimai ce que j'avais du toujours penser de lui"

I know this is the second time i've posted this, i managed to change half above sentence to spanish somehow in the last one.

Thank you in advance!|||When he was given me to use that word, I expressed what I had always thought of him.
to spanish:Cuando se le dio que utilice esa palabra, expres茅 lo que yo siempre hab铆a pensado de 茅l|||"As soon as it came to me to use that word, I expressed what I had always thought of him."

I don't know if "penser" was supposed to be "pens茅", but that's how I took it.
But I'd also say that GrahamH's answer is the most accurate of the other answers.|||Once it was given me to use that word, I expressed what I had always thought of him
use google translate to find this|||Your name should be "L'homme", not "Le homme".

And the first answer is right.|||As soon as it was given to me to use this word, I expressed this that I had always thought about him.|||When he gave me this word to use, I expressed what I had always thought of him.

Hope this helps :)|||"The moment it occurred to me to use that word, I expressed what I must have always thought of him"

火车采集器

No comments:

Post a Comment