Friday, February 24, 2012

I don't know any alternatives to parce que - because, and need to use some variation in my answer for gcse french, thanks!|||''Parce que'' is a subordinating conjunction and can begin a sentence. Parce que introduces a cause, explanation, or motive - it explains why something is done.

(Parce qu'il n'a pas d'argent, il ne peut pas venir.)

''Car'' is a coordinating conjunction, should not begin a sentence, and is mainly found in formal and written French. Car supports a judgment or indicates a reason.

(David ne va pas venir, car il est 脿 l'universit茅.)|||Previous answer very good.
Also:
茅tant donn茅 que...
du fait que...
puisque...

However, they are not necessarily interchangeable.|||Besides "car", you can use "茅tant donn茅 que.... "|||You can try puisque I may not sound the same when you use it but it does the same meaning,car would be a good alternative as well but puisque is a more effective and flashy world.

Like: I can speak french because I am french
Je parle francais parce que je suis francaise

Puisque je suis francaise je parle francais
As I am french I speak french.

火车采集器
  • planet hollywood
  • chocolate fondue recipe
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment