Friday, February 24, 2012

In all honesty these words probably aren't used to be nice or polite to people since most people say the words make them feel old or awkward.
So who really benefits, it is probably to the companies benefit, but what could be the psychology behind this phenomenon?

You have to use the Latin expression "Que bono" (Who benefits), when you wonder why people are labeled "ma'am" and "sir" by certain companies. |||It's out of respect.|||If someone calls me sir, I either ignore them and fail to make any eye contact or ask them not to call me sir. Calling me sir in a store where salespeople are on comission will also ensure that you have lost my business or that I will seek another salesperson to deal with.

Report Abuse

|||It is done accross the board, which makes it not offensive.|||I feel in many social circles, such expressions of Ma'am and Sir carry with it the treatment allowed by society at that time. This may be the opening message saying, this person will be treated this way, or that way, or even required or expected to behave in some manner. This may even let the person know that treatment of that person will be allotted according to the caller's values of such persons in that person's mindset and acquired values, whether they have good intentions or less than good intentions.|||I don't think anyone benefits. It's just a social more to use the term "sir" or "ma'am" as a sign of respect.

|||i grew up never having to use those words...if you respect someone you respect them...i show my respect through my actions not my words...but some ppl feel they have to be called ma'am or sir to feel respected...

火车采集器

No comments:

Post a Comment