Friday, February 3, 2012

I've gone over this subject a million times in French but it still doesn't make sense to me...

Also what's the difference between que and ce que?

Help?|||Les pronoms relatifs: qui, que, dont
http://fis.ucalgary.ca/Elohka/qui_que.ht鈥?/a>

Ce qui, ce que, ce dont

1. Il a dit quelque chose d'essentiel.
Ce qu鈥檌l a dit, c'est essentiel. (ce qui)

2. La science l'int茅resse.
Ce qu鈥檌l l'int茅resse, c'est la science. (ce qui)

3. 脟a, c'est important.
Ce qui est important, c'est 莽a.

4. Elle parle de quelque chose d'int茅ressant.
Ce dont elle parle, c'est int茅ressant.

5. Cette couleur me g锚ne.
Ce qui me g锚ne, c'est cette couleur.

6. Il se sert d'un nouvel outil.
Ce dont il se sert, c'est un nouvel outil.

7. Vous faites quelque chose de bien.
Ce que vous faites, c'est bien.

Pronoms relatifs: http://french.about.com/sitesearch.htm?q鈥?/a>|||You have to be careful here because it's complex

Qui is always a subject in its clause:
Je sais qui est mon p猫re = I know who my father is (not what)
l'homme qui traverse la rue est mon p猫re = the man (who is) crossing the road is my father

Que is always the object of its clause. You will find another noun which will be the subject of that clause.:
la chanson que j'aime est Born This Way= the song (which/that) I like is ...

Dont functions with verbs which take de or to show possession:
Le musicien dont j'aime les chansons s'appelle ... = the musician whose songs I like is called ...
Le politicien dont je parle est le pr茅sident = the politician I'm talking about is the President (about whom /of whom )

ce qui and ce que have no direct antecedent. In other words they don't refer back to something definite as qui and que do. They work like a "what" in English indirect speech.
je sais ce que tu veux = I know what you want
Ce que je ne comprends pas c'est ... What I don't understand is ...
dis moi ce que tu fais = tell me what you are doing

Ce qui m'emb锚te. c'est = What annoys me is ...

Ce dont = same issue = Ce dont j'ai besoin, c'est une voiture. What I need is a car (avoir besoin takes de)|||'qui' is who and 'que' usually used for what. 'ce que' as in 'ce que tu as fait' would be 'what you did'

火车采集器

No comments:

Post a Comment