Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Pablo ama a Marianela, pero porque es ciego, no sabe que ella es fea.

I'm saying, Pablo loves Marianela, but because he is blind, he doesnt know that she is ugly.

So the problem is that I know "porque" is the wrong word (my teacher told me). What should it be?|||It looks fine to me, although I suspect I know what the teacher's looking for. I'll include some alternatives, but do show your teacher the following google search of examples using "pero porque es" (in quotes...so google finds these words used together).

..ama a Marianela, pero por ser ciego, ....
..ama a Marianela, pero a causa de ser ciego, ...
..ama a Marianela, pero dado que es ciego, ...
..ama a Marianela, pero debido a que es ciego, ...
..ama a Marianela, pero como es ciego, ...

edit: "Because he's blind he doesn't know..." As a general rule, -porque- doesn't start a sentence and your sentence kinda falls into that category and that's what the teacher's problem probably is. That said they also say that generally you shouldn't end a sentence with a preposition but in my last sentence here I did.|||I would drop the 'porque' because 'pero' means 'but' and 'porque' means 'because' and it wouldn't make sense. But don't confuse it with 'perro' which is a dog. So be careful and i hope I helped:D

火车采集器

No comments:

Post a Comment