Friday, February 17, 2012

Anyone have tips on how I can distract my dog from barking? She's very protective of me and sometimes my boyfriend and I can't even rough house without her trying to bark and push herself in between us. She was never socialized as a puppy, but we're working on it now. She's gotten better with it but I still want to train her to be quiet on que.


Any tips? Thanks. :)|||First off, I don't think you should work towards getting her quiet "on que" because it simply won't happen. Instead, the best and most successful way you will get her to stop barking will be to solve the reason why she's barking to start with.

From what you've written, it seems that she is very attached to you and is therefore probably in the mindset of constantly trying to protect that relationship. To stop her, you just need to encourage her to be more independant of you so that she doesn't feel the need to bark to warn off predators.

There's a pretty good book you can use for this kind of problem at http://www.stopyourdogbarking.com|||I used to use a rolled up newspaper and whenever the dog would start barking id yell yah smack the newspaper on the ground... scare him a little, but that was when he was a puppy... but could give it ago... oh its different if they are barking at a new dog or a new person, you want that! You just don鈥檛 want them constantly barking at nothing.|||Re: I finally got my neighbors dogs to stop barking

I used to have a problem with my neighbors dogs that would constantly bark day and night. At first I thought it would stop but it went on day after day. I finally confronted my neighbor about the problem and he said that he would try to do something about it.

I work very long hours and try to get as much sleep as possible but I am constantly awakened by the barking dog many times during the night. You cannot imagine how frustrating this is unless you have been in this situation.

I finally ended up going on the internet to research my problem and I am so glad that I did. I ended up buying a compact disc from a website. You play the disc and it actually stops the dogs from barking. I put the disc in, pointed the speakers towards the dogs, and nearly fell out of my chair when it actually worked!!! This was the best money that I have ever spent and I am so happy.

I have not had a problem in 3 weeks. Did the disc actually work? Who cares, the freaking dogs stopped barking. If you want to check it out, it might be worth a try if nothing else works for you. The website is http://www.TheBarkingDogCD.com It has a money back guarantee but I am pretty satisfied and wont be needing it. Good luck, I hope this helps.|||first u need to punish her. give a firm no and a swat on the behind. just enought to hurt that ur point gets to her. repeat this process until she learns barking like that is unexceptable.
if this does not work get a bark collar. usually u can adjust the level of shock. so set it to a level that makes her stop barking.
after she has gotten better on not barking try and train her to bark when u give her a signal and to stop barking on another signal.|||there are bark collars available, not my favorite as I do want them to bark when strangers approach the house. I prefer using a spray bottle, with water and a little vinegar. Most dogs don't like being sprayed,especially in the face so you can use this to shape her behaviour.
good luck|||Stop rough housing,it scares her

when she barks you can make a certain noise like a grunt or something,do it as soon as you know she is getting ready to bark

I did that with my male,he doesn't bark as he did for eveything that moves in the yard,even grass...|||The way to correct barking is to find out why they are doing it and fix that.

bordom
play/alert
protective/territorial
attention

Explain in what situations the dog is barking and maybe I can help.|||Start by teaching her to bark on cue "Bark" with a hand gesture.
Then you can work on "watch me" or "ah" with an opposite hand gesture to indicate quiet.
This is great for getting your dogs attention in an emergency as well.
Hope this helps|||My parents and grand parents spray the dog with water too, only they put a lil bit of vinagr in the bottle too, just a lil bit tho
the dogs hate the smell and learn pretty quick. it wont hurt thm either|||Hi,

here's how to stop you dog from barking http://dogtime.com/barking.html

Hope this helps.

Regards.|||When your dog barks, just say stop or no !
and if he/she stops barking give them a treat then they will get used to it and not bark so often.

x

good luck x|||I use a spray bottle whenever mine barks too much. Some people say to put vinegar in the water because dogs don't like the smell, but I think thats mean. Hope it works.|||funny but my granparents were told to spray the dog with a water bottle when she started to bark and say "no barking"
:)|||Let them barking,they have no gents dog friend or no girls dog friend.|||say "NO!"

or
shock collar|||Dogs bark because they are bored, they want attention or they are frustrated. She's protective of you because she's bonded with you and not with your boyfriend, you and your boyfriend need to both work with your dog, your b/f needs to take your dog out for walks more, feed her so that your dog also bonds with your b/f that way there will be no jealousy.

As far as her getting in between you too it's because she is exhibiting attention seeking behavior. So if she pushes between you two for example if you are sitting on the couch and your boyfriend is putting his arm around you, if she jumps up on the couch or pushes herself between you, you must stand up immediately and ignore her. Then sit back down and repeat this every time she gets in your way, only when she backs off and doesn't jump up is when you give affection. Affection and attention is on your terms not hers. It's the same with rough housing, if she barks you must stop all behavior immediately until she calms down and ignore her. She has to learn that she won't get any attention so she might as well give up, when she stops barking praise her. Remember reward the behavior you want and ignore the behavior you don't want. Pushing her off is considered attention or yelling for her to stop barking is also attention.

And lastly, when you give her a treat make sure she is completely quiet and calm when you reward her, and when you give her the treat say "Good Quiet", do this for a while only giving a treat when she's quiet. Then practice this when she's barking and only reward when she's stopped barking.

火车采集器
  • baja fresh coupons
  • walkie talkie
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment