Friday, February 3, 2012

I am in the production ' The Railway Children' playing the part of Peter, as many of you will know is a main part. I would appreciate any answers/comments, to help me learn my lines. I am finding it hard to remember my lines, and my que. My mum is currently helping, but any other tips, would be useful. Thanks.|||For larger monologues, I start from the end and work my way to the front. Many people will start from the beginning adding one line at a time and work there way down. I prefer the starting from the end because I tend to know the beginning better than the end, because of pickup cues, etc. Also, be very repetitive. One word of advice, after you are down memorizing for the day don't watch tv or read a book right after because your brain has not had time to process what it has just learned. As for your cues, try to memorize part of the character's line before yours, not just the last word of their line. You never know when they might trip up and you have to pick up the slack. After a while, you will get the hang of it and it will come naturally. Just remember to keep practicing (in the car, walking outside, while eating) just keep your script by you and any free moment you have look at it. I hope this helps!|||What i find most helpful in memorizing lines is to record yourself on a tape and listen to it all the time. It also helps to move around as you're saying your lines- it helps to keep your brain active. Also, read your script right before you go to bed and say them til you fall asleep. You'll be able to remember them more clearly the next morning.
I hope that helps! :D

火车采集器
  • towing
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment