Friday, February 17, 2012

Every day, I am picking two words that seem to be commonly used, and looking them up in Spanish. For today, I chose "lo siento" (which means "I'm Sorry"). I need another word to practice. I know some of the basics (such as hola, como, que, quien, gracias, salud, etc.)|||yes -s铆
no -no
maybe or perhaps -tal vez
please- por favor
thanks- gracias
thank you- gracias
thanks very much- muchas gracias
hello- hola
good morning- buenos d铆as
good afternoon -buenas tardes
good evening -buenas tardes
bye- adi贸s
goodbye- adi贸s
goodnight- buenas noches
see you! -隆nos vemos!
see you soon!- 隆nos vemos pronto!
see you later! -隆hasta luego!
have a nice day!- 隆qu茅 tengas un buen d铆a!
have a good weekend!- 隆qu茅 tengas un buen fin de semana!
no problem -no pasa nada, no hay problema
it's OK o that's - OK est谩 bien
don't worry about it -no te preocupes
Ladies- Se帽oras
Vacant- Libre
Occupied o Engaged- Ocupado
Out of order -Fuera de servicio
No smoking -No fumar
Private- Privado
No entry -No pasar
Entrance- Entrada
Exit -Salida
Emergency exit- Salida de emergencia
Push- Empujar
Pull -Tirar
Toilets- Aseos
WC -WC
I know -lo s茅
I don't know- no lo s茅
excuse me, where's the toilet? -disculpe, 驴d贸nde est谩 el ba帽o?
excuse me, where's the Gents?- disculpe, 驴donde est谩 el aseo de caballeros?
excuse me, where's the Ladies? -disculpe, 驴donde est谩 el aseo de se帽oras?
do you speak English?- 驴habla usted ingl茅s?
I don't speak English -no hablo ingl茅s
I don't speak much English -no hablo mucho ingl茅s
I only speak very little English- solo hablo un poquito de ingl茅s
I speak a little English -hablo un poco de ingl茅s
please speak more slowly -por favor, hable m谩s despacio
please write it down- por favor, escr铆balo
could you please repeat that? -驴podr铆a, por favor, repetir eso?
I understand -comprendo
I don't understand -no comprendo
help me-ay煤dame|||Ay煤dame needs an accent on the U. (just correct spelling)

How about this: go to livemocha.com. You can learn a couple of words a day.

And they will be in a realistic order for learning.|||I would have to bet the phrase "which way to the border" is the most commonly used Spanish phrase.|||necisito (need), ayudeme (help me), usar (use).|||Bunto which mean's *****,
I use it on a daily basis.

火车采集器

No comments:

Post a Comment